- Put aside Eldar allies for the moment.
- Try out the Devilfish. Try to move troops around the table.
- Try out the Stealth team. I'm excited about using a combined Homing Beacon and Positional Relay to potentially guarantee a flank attack.
- Try out the new Cadre Fireblade. I really like the idea of a line infantryman earning hero status.
- Go back to using a Drone shieldwall in place of the Aegis Defense Line.
Here's a view of Turn 1. Half my army is In Reserve. Oh, and I finally painted those damn craters, which have been primed black for about 3 years.
Here's a link to the full battle report.
I ended up losing the game, but I had fun. Understanding why this particular list build & match-up put me at a disadvantage eased the sting of being on the back foot for most of the game. I've always said that the Deployment phase and Turn 1 make 50% of the game in 40K, and this was no exception. I'm ready to tweak my list and try again!