Heading out full-speed to the Regiments of Renown games!
I met most of my goals with this project, but I got burnt out before I could really dress them up and fine-tune them. That's OK, though. My buddy, Oko, is going to hook me up with more Squig Hoppers, so that I can try some other ideas down the road.
Goals that I met:
- Brightly colored squigs, across the violet-to-orange range, using a combination of washes and wet-blending.
- Distinct facial expressions for both the squigs and the goblins, to showcase their personality.
- Sufficient contrast to distinguish both the squigs and the goblins.
- Different patterns on the hoods' trim.
Goals I didn't meet:
- More colors on the goblins.
- Skin patterns or mottling on the squigs.
- One more pass on blends and details.